Monday, November 16, 2009

Life Lessons, Expectations and Familiar Situations

"Experience is what you get when you do not get what you want"

I really like this quote by unknown author. It's just true. We may strive for something, do our best at achieving things, but maybe sometimes what we think we want is just not meant to happen, or maybe just not in the way we expect it to happen. It gets frustrating, true that, but what you get in the end is priceless - you get experience and a chance to do better next time around. I'm thankful for the things that went in the opposite direction from my expectations - when faced with a similar situation now, I'm not scared, I know I'll figure out what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, and so true. I am falling in love with your blog! I can't stop reading it... everything you write makes me feel happy. I'm thankful that you have created such an inviting space to share positive thoughts : )

    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much, Tara!! It honestly means a lot to me, such positive feedback really keeps me going!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to connect and share your thoughts, so thank you for your comment! And while you're at it... Why not tell me what you're thankful for today? ;-)