Saturday, August 28, 2010

Color & the Metro

Most trains in the Moscow metro are classic and not too modern, but we have a few types of newer ones too. Some of those newer trains of certain design feature yellow and orange handrails. They're my favorites - I'm thankful for those two pops of unexpected color, those ultimate mood lifters that are sure to provide you with some extra energy on an early working day morning!  

Each time I happen to catch one of the few trains that feature this 'clever' design it puts a smile on my face, and because those trains are rare it's allways a nice surprise.

6 comments:

  1. ..I can only imagine those trains as I never ever been in metro ..
    ..but I can tell you one thing - if you ever want some kind of exotic , come to Riga and have a ride with one of those Riga trains ..oh my God , maybe you can imagine - those old , dark green I think ..we only have those and I am surprised they are still moving : )I even wanted to take my bf there - a bit of a reality check : )))

    ..hope you having a great week-end ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s about that floral jumpsuit : ) I never bought it , I just couldn't bare the thought that my daughter will think that her mamma wearing pyjama on the street ; )))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so cute that you notice that to be thankful for. Now I want to google an image of these! Anything to make mass transit more enjoyable is a-okay with me

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic practice. I hope it rubs off on all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi julia!

    sorry if i haven't visited lately. been busy with work stuff. but thanks for always finding time to visit my site. really appreciate it :)

    anyway, you're lucky that trains are colorful and nice to look at in russia. i think that's something that our government should look into.

    enjoy your sunday!

    ☆ definitely, maybe ☆

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I would be thankful for something like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to connect and share your thoughts, so thank you for your comment! And while you're at it... Why not tell me what you're thankful for today? ;-)