Friday, September 9, 2011

Thanks-Giving Square

Just found out there's such a thing as a Thanksgiving Square in the US! The following info is from its Wikipedia page:
Thanks-Giving Square is a public-private complex in the City Center District of downtown Dallas, Texas, consisting of three components: a landscaped park, a major section of the underground pedestrian network and the Bullington Truck Terminal. Thanks-Giving Square generally refers to the visible park, which is operated by the non-profit Thanksgiving Foundation. The park, designed by architect Philip Johnson, was dedicated in 1976 to promote the concept of giving thanks as a universal human value. The complex also features the Wall of Praise, Ring of Thanks, Circle of Giving, Chapel of Thanksgiving, Hall of Thanksgiving and Exhibit Area.
The space is quite beautiful so I suggest you take a look at more photos of it on Flickr.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool!

    Happy weekend, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dallas,... hum, never been there yet. But this tile is very neat and maybe we should have one in downtown SF city. ... union square it is. ^O^

    xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so cool! Just another reason for you to visit us in the States!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hear of it! Philip Johnson is very famous and did a lot of work in Dallas. I didn't go on my past trip but I wish I had!

    xx Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this thanks giving square. Thanks for sharing this! will def go check it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! Another site on my list of places to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for you!!!! I hadn't heard of this yet but it looks amazing and I would love to visit it, what a cool concept. "The park, designed by architect Philip Johnson, was dedicated in 1976 to promote the concept of giving thanks as a universal, human value."--- so up your alley!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to connect and share your thoughts, so thank you for your comment! And while you're at it... Why not tell me what you're thankful for today? ;-)