I was right to assume the things I've already noticed changing in me as a result of my thanksgiving year were not all of the changes that took place. I keep noticing more! So in addition to the things I've mentioned in my 1st post on the subject and then in my 2d post and to a few more facts I included in my first guest post for ThankfulFor, there are these fantastic things:
- This one might sound weird, but I can now watch movies alone like it’s nothing. I used to have a problem with that and only did so if I was dying to see a movie and couldn’t find a movie watching partner at that very time. Somehow it just didn't feel right being one on one with the movie world. Now I feel totally comfortable in my own skin, no matter what I do.
- The year made me realize I really appreciated the idea of sunsets but also made me see that I'd never once watched one. So this was what I knew I had to do, and at the first opportunity I went ahead and watched the sun both set and rise. That even included me having to wake up super early on my first vacation in a while.
- At some point, I even felt like decorating my Xmas tree. It happened for the first time in a very very long time in 2009, only a little over 3 months into my thanksgiving year. I have a picture proof.
- The year helped me realize what some of my true passions were. And that's how my involvement with the Chair Blog happened.
- I had never really imagined my future in realistic ways before. Like, I could dream anything in my mind but when it came to planning or setting achievable goals for the nearest future – I never did that. Mostly because I wasn’t sure my future existed and was scared of it.
- It's now so much easier for me to let go of old unnecessary and useless things and photos. Being thankful for the 'mental' memories instead of physical confirmation I preserve them in my mind even better it seems. If I do forget some memory, it only means it never mattered as much as I thought. It's like I give things a chance to prove their worthiness to me and make room for new moments to savor.
- In addition to not noticing 'bad' weather any more, I've noticed I even get somewhat of a 'spiritual' and extra lift from the fact that said 'bad' weather doesn't bring me down any more. Way to go about using the positive outlook to the max, eh?..
And believe it or not, I'm not done with listing all the wonders! Will continue the list in one of my next posts. In the meantime, I invite you to read my newest guest post (on fun reasons why 'thank yous' are so worth a try) for the ThankfulFor blog HERE, and you are more than welcomed to join The 'Thank You' Project's giveaway HERE!