Friday, August 20, 2010

Laundry Service

So, as finding the good in the bad is one of my specialties, here I'm bringing to you yet another of my silver linings. I was just wondering yesterday what I'd be missing about living at home once I move out... I have no problem with supporting myself, with cooking, cleaning, being on my own, buying groceries etc.- the kind of things a lot of my friends like to rely on their moms to do. One thing I'm not so used to doing is laundry. Whenever I want to wear something and it needs to be washed I'd just go and wash it with my hands - no probem with it either. But for some reason I never really had to even plan any grand laundry days, this is something mom has always done on her own. Thus, while I still can, I am thankful for not doing the laundry.

If you want to find some good in something bad of your own, come ask me and let's figure it out together!

6 comments:

  1. I had to mention you on my twitter. I love what you do. :)

    xx rk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh laundry- it is nothing when you do it for one- even two- easy.

    The moment you have ONE TINY baby it becomes an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand the laundry! I wish I had someone to do it for me :) Same goes for washing dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you're taking requests for discovering people's silver linings! haha that made me smile.

    I know how you feel about laundry. When my mom does the laundry (on our once-a-year visits), I relish in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..sometimes I wash some delicate clothes with hands as well , I actually like the process to take all the clothes etc and stuff them in washing machine , house always feels better after that ..BUT after good things comes not so pleasant - I don't like ironing but I still do it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when I start thinking of how much I hate the laundry, I realize I'm thankful to have a washer and dryer. The convenience of it isn't something I should take for granted. ...Further, I guess I should be thankful I have clothes to wash!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to connect and share your thoughts, so thank you for your comment! And while you're at it... Why not tell me what you're thankful for today? ;-)