Random thankful thoughts of the day:
1) If being alone at the house yesterday felt slightly weird, then today morning it felt perfectly normal already. I woke up and it felt just fine, and I was thankful for the peaceful state of things all around me;
2) I’ve been here for three full days, but this morning was the first day when I sunbathed by the property’s pool, and since it was the first time it felt positively new and interesting – something to be thankful for, because if I keep relocating beach-wise I won’t have the time to get tired of the property’s scenery;
3) Such serenity here, I’m feeling completely relaxed for the first time in a long while. I don’t even miss the internet! Went to an internet café nearby to get online quickly and regretted it – I think this was more of a habit rather than a desire to check on things. It suddenly felt like work and I had to remind myself I was on vacation. I left the place earlier than my pre-paid time was up, thankful that a quick trip online made me realize how truly relaxed, stress-free and easy I felt these past days;
4) Saw they were selling roses at a nearby supermarket and bought myself a bouquet. Such joy! A simple gesture of appreciation given to myself. Highly recommended!
5) It seems it’s always easier to get lost when you’re exploring a new town on your own. When you have a partner, one of you just always seems to remember more of the focal points on your explorative route. When you don’t have a partner, it makes it more adventurous and makes you more focused. It also makes you more comfortable being alone overtime.
6) It’s usually not that easy to creep me out, so I’m actually thankful I got to feel and enjoy the feeling when visiting some of the ruins here today all by myself. I bet it wouldn’t feel the same if I went with someone else!
7) Local Thai restaurant’s food is AWESOME. So delicious I could barely stop eating. Dessert didn’t fit in, so I’m thinking I’ll have to come back and repeat. And only now do I realize that I didn’t even once think of the fact that I was dining out on my own. Did I mention that with time you learn to really appreciate your own company?
Disclaimer: Travel & Thank™ is a mini-project within and is part of The ‘Thank You’ Project blog ©2009-2010. Travel & Thank™ updates are featured twice a week, are pre-written and not made in real time - each post was created during the author’s actual vacation in the mid-fall of 2010. For privacy reasons the names of the persons, places and geographical locations may have been shortened, abbreviated or changed and are not subject to disclosure.