My post on How to Write Thank You Notes with tips from author Cat Wagman from a while back was well received by you and it’s still popular – quite a few people stop by it while searching for just that, tips for writing a perfect thank you note. With this being said, I thought I neded to follow up on my conversation with Cat and share more of her thankful wisdom, especially since some of them are so very in line with my previous post on the cards and little thankful somethings. Here below are more useful tips from the lady herself (and remember that you can always get your own copy of her book for even more of those right here):
- Pick out stationery you like that reflects the occasion, a personal interest, hobby, etc., or design your own on your computer;
- Purchase commemorative stamps or design your own stamps through an online company;
- You can only write one thank-you note at a time, so don't get overwhelmed if you have many to write;
- Newlyweds SHARE the responsibility... She writes the ones to her family, he writes to his, and they split the rest. (Cat said she and her husband got whole 150 notes written in just THREE days using this method BEFORE going on their honeymoon, so I'm guessing it works!)
- Have FUN writing your notes: thesaurus.com is a great resource for finding just the right word.